1-2 450 g Cans of Chick Peas.
1-2 Red Peppers (optional).
1-2 Tbsp of lemon juice (optional)
1 Tsp salt.
1-2 Tbsp Sesame oil.
1-4 tsp sweet chilli sauce (optional).
2 Cloves Garlic.
1 -2 Tsp Fresh Ginger peeled and grated on 2nd smallest side.
1-3 Tbsp Olive oil, little for drizzling over red peppers (if using peppers).
- Oven temperature at 180c, 360f, gas mark 3.
- Empty the chick peas and their water into a pan, place onto hob on full heat and bring to the boil.
- Turn the heat down to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Whilst the chick peas are simmering, de-seed the pepper and slice it, place it onto a baking sheet, sprinkle over with a little of the oil, place in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Peel and chop garlic into slices.
- Add the ginger and garlic to the chick peas for 2 minutes.
- Strain the chick peas, saving the ginger and garlic a long with the chick peas.
- Place the chick peas into a jug or large bowl or blender/food processor, add the olive oil, sesame oil, salt, sweet chilli sauce or the lemon juice, or red peppers.
- Blend all of the ingredients together until the mixture becomes fairly smooth, keep taste testing to flavor as you would like it.
- Place the mixture into an air tight container placing a piece of folded baking parchment over the top, then cover with the lid and place in the fridge.
Enjoy your humus with chopped cucumber, celery, carrots.