This will feed a family of five.
1 lb Minced beef.
1 400 ml tin chopped tomatoes.
2 tsp fresh/frozen garlic.
2 tsp fresh/frozen ginger.
1 large onion washed diced.
1 courgette washed grated.
1 carrot washed grated/diced.
5 medium sized mushrooms washed & sliced. (optional).
2 tsp mixed herbs.
3 tbsp olive oil.
4 oz 200 g spaghetti.
1 Beef stock cube.
2 tbsp tomato puree.
1. Place mince into a hot pan, cook until browned though. Scoup out into a bowl leaving the juice in pan.
2. Place the onion, garlic, ginger & mixed herbs into the pan with little salt cook until onion has softened.
3. Add the cooked mince, stock cube, little boiled water, stir in. Add tomato puree stir in.
4. Place lid on pan, turn down to simmer leave for 45 minutes.
1. Fill a large pan with cold water, add a little salt, bring to the boil.
2. Add the spaghetti gently pushing it down until the water covers it. Cook for 10 minutes. (while spaghetti is cooking place your plates in hot water).
3. Drain in a colander, rinse with fresh boiled water. (dry plates). place the spaghetti onto plates, place bolognese on top of the spaghetti.