My partner & I make this soup nearly every week.
1 chicken Caracas with little meat left on, bones split up.
2 chicken stock cubes.
2 vegetable stock cubes.
few chili flakes.
pinch of salt.
3 shallot/spring onions peeled and chopped.
1 tbsp frozen ginger.
1. fill a large pan with water & place over high heat.
2. Add the chicken caracas, onions, salt, chili flakes, stock cubes & ginger.
3. Bring the water to the brink of boiling (do not let it boil). Turn the heat down to simmer, leave for 1 hour, stir occasionally.
4. Place a colander over a large bowl, carefully pour the water through the colander.
5. Leaving the meat & bones in colander, when it has cooled separate the meat from the bones, place the meat back into the liquid & place back into pan. At this point you can add a little more salt and a little ground pepper.
You can freeze this soup (let it cool completely.)