I made this for the first time tonight.
3 pieces chicken breasts, washed & cubed.
4 closed cup mushrooms, wiped clean with damp cloth & sliced.
1-2 tsp frozen garlic (i garlic clove crushed).
2 tsp dried herbs.
3 tbsp oil.
4 oz 100g pasta.
1/2 pint milk.
1 oz 25g margarine.
1 oz 25g plain flour.
1 tbsp single cream.
1. Place a little oil in a wok or deep frying pan and heat until it is smoking, place the diced onion and garlic in with the three tbsp oil turn the heat to medium, and cook for 5-10 minutes until onion is soft.
2. Turn the heat to full, add the chicken and cook for 15-20 minutes until cooked through.
3. Fill a large pan with water, add a pinch of salt and bring water to the boil. Add the pasta and cook for 10 minutes. Add 10 tbsp of the stock to the chicken & mushrooms.
4. While pasta is cooking prepare the white sauce. Place the margarine, milk and flour in a pan over moderate heat, constantly whisk the three together until starts to thicken.
5. Drain and rinse the pasta with fresh boiling water and put back into the pan, pour the remaining stock over the pasta and stir through. Add the chicken and mushroom mixture to the sauce, add the cream stir in. Place some pasta on a warm plate and place the sauce mixture on top or next to it.