1 large onion, washed and diced.
2 tsp frozen garlic.
1-1 1/2 tsp chilli flakes.
4 tsp ground coriander.
2 tsp cumin.
1/4 tsp salt.
tsp ground black pepper.
1 Large tsp turmeric.
500g 1lb 2oz minced beef.
1 420ml tin chopped tomatoes.
1 beef stock cube.
1 tsp garam masala.
Handful fresh coriander, leaved taken from stalks, washed and chopped.
4 oz 100g frozen peas.
1. Heat about 3 tbsp oil in a deep pan over high heat until it is hot, add the mince with little pinch salt and cook till it brown all the way through, place mince into a bowl leaving its juices in the pan.
2. Add the onions, ground coriander, salt, chilli flakes, black pepper, pinchsalt and turmeric; turn the heat down cook for 5-10 minutes stir continuously until onions are golden brown.
3. Add the pan and stir into the onions.
3. Add the tomatoes stir in turn the heat back to high for 5-7 minutes, crumble in the stock cube stir in, turn the heat down keep stirring. Add the garam masala stir in, add peas & the fresh corriander, cover iwth a lid, stirring occationally.
4. At this point you need to start cooking the rice. Place the washed rice in a medium- large pan add water to cover (place the back of your fingers on top of the rice the water should just cover them, add a pinch of salt, cover with lid (with no hole) place over high heat and bring to boil; have another ring of heat on low ready to transfer pan once it starts to boil vigorously; cook for 10 minutes over low heat.
5. Add chilli powder a very small amount at a time by very gently tapping the tsp, (keep tasting it, you can add more chilli if needed.)
6. Place the rice onto plates spread, place the curry on top.