This will serve 4 people.
1 large onion, washed and diced.
2 tsp frozen garlic.
1-1 1/2 tsp chili flakes (use small amount to start with).
4 tsp ground coriander.
2 tsp cumin.
1/4 tsp salt.
tsp ground black pepper.
1 Large tsp turmeric.
1 420 ml tin chopped tomatoes.
1 chicken stock cube.
1 tsp garam masala.
3 tbsp dried Methi leaf (with hard stalks taken out) covered in water and left to soak. soaked in
2 cups long grain rice, washed in sieve until water runs clear. (1 cup per person).
Handful fresh coriander, leaved taken from stalks, washed and chopped.
4 oz 100 g frozen peas.
4 mushrooms wiped with clean damp cloth, cut into 3 slices each.
1. Heat about 3 tbsp oil in a wok over high heat until it is smoking hot, add the onions, ground coriander, salt, chili flakes, black pepper and turmeric; turn the heat down cook for 5-10 minutes stir continuously so the onions don’t stick to the bottom, (if they start to stick add a little water) until onions are golden brown. At this time prepare the Methi leaf.
2. Place the chicken in the wok and mix with the onions into, add sprinkling of salt.
3. Add the tomatoes stir in turn the heat back to high for 5-7 minutes, crumble in the stock cube stir in, turn the heat down keep stirring, add 1/2 cup of water, add the garam masala stir in, add peas and mushrooms; place the Methi leaf in the curry.
4. At this point you need to start cooking the rice. Place the washed rice in a medium- large pan add water to cover (place the back of your fingers on top of the rice the water should just cover them, add a pinch of salt, cover with lid, place over high heat and bring to boil; wait until the water has virtually boiled away, take off of the heat and cover the rice with the pans lid; if your lid has a hole, cover the top of the pan with a piece of tin foil, then place the lid on top, let it cook in its own heat cook for 10 minutes over low heat.
5. Add fresh coriander to the curry mixture and stir in, add chili powder a very small amount at a time by very gently tapping the tsp, (keep tasting it, you can add more chili if needed.)
6. Place the rice onto plates spread, place the curry on top.
Serve with wraps warmed in microwave, or chapatis.