50g 2oz butter/margarine.
100g 4oz Plane flour.
50g 2oz oats.
25g 1oz sugar.
75g 3oz sugar (sprinkling over apples).
2-3 cooking apples. (blackberries, apricots, raspberries, peaches, nectarines or plums can be used; don’t need to use cinnamon with these; only a light dusting sugar with peaches, nectarines and apricots).
Cinnamon (sprinkling over apples).
1. Preheat oven to 190C, 400F Gas mark 5
2. Crumble mix. Rub the butter/margarine into the flour until it looks like breadcrumbs.
3. Stir in the oats and 1oz sugar until mixed in well.
4. Peel and core the apples and slice thinly, placing a layer in the bottom of an oven proof dish, sprinkle some sugar and cinnamon over the top, carry on doing this until all the apples are used.
5. Place the crumble mix over the apples, place in the oven and bake for about 25-30 minutes.
Serve with pipping hot custard or ice cream.