Cost-effective and ready in 30 minutes, this veggie supper makes an ideal midweek meal
- 100g red lentils
- 450ml vegetable stock
- 1 small onion , grated or finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes , chopped
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 red chilli , finely chopped
- 1 large sweet potato , cut into small pieces
- 2 handfuls young leaf spinach , shredded
- 2 naan bread , warmed, to serve
- Put all the ingredients except the sweet potato, spinach and naans in a pan, bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes. Add the sweet potato and cook until tender, another 10-12 minutes. Stir in the spinach and cook for a minute until wilted.
- Serve with naans.