4 large cooking apples. (Alternative filling. raspberries, plums, cherries (stoned), gooseberries, blackberries).
2 oz 50g sugar.
Ground Cinnamon. (sprinkling over apples).
3oz 75g margarine.
3oz 75g white fat.
Milk to glaze.
1. Rub margarine, fat and flour together in mixing bowl until it resembles breadcrumbs. Add water bring together to form a ball. Place in fridge.
2. Peel, core and slice the apples.
3. Roll out 1/2 pastry to 1/2 inch thick, place in pyrex lid, gently press in and trim edges.
4. Layer the apple slices sprinkling sugar and cinnamon on top of each layer.
5. Roll out remaining pastry 1/2 inch thick, place on top, seal by pinching pastry between thumb and index finger, brush milk over top, make a slit with small knife in the top (lets out steam during cooking). Bake for 30-40 minutes until pastry is golden brown, serve with custard, cream/ ice cream.