12 oz 350 g SR Flour.1/2 tsp Xanthan gum gluten free flour).
3 oz 75 g margarine
3 oz 75 g white fat.
water to bind
1 medium potato, peeled, diced and washed.
1 medium sweet potato, peeled, diced and washed.
1lb minced beef.
1/2 tsp tumeric.
1/2 tsp ground coriander.
1/2 tsp ground cumin.
1 onion, diced.
1 large carrot.
1 courgette grated on 2nd fine side.
2 tbsp gravy granules.
2 oz 25g peas.
2 0z 2g sweetcorn.
1 tsp frozen ginger.
1 tsp frozen garlic
1/4 pt boiled water.
1 beef stock cube.
cup water for sealing pastry.
Milk for glaze.
1. Rub flour, margarine, white fat and salt together in mixing bowl until it resembles breadcrumbs.
2. Add water little at time until it comes together, place in fridge while you make the filling.
1.Heat the oil in frying pan, add the mince, pinch of salt and cook until brown, scoup the mince into a bowl leaving the juices in the pan.
2. Add the onion, ginger & garlic, turmeric, coriander, cumin & salt, mixed herbs, turn heat down and cook until onions are soft,
3. Add the carrots and courgette, stir in, Add the stock cubes and water.
4. And remaining vegetables, turn the heat down to simmer for 1/2 an hour, stirring occasionally.
5.Place the potatoes in pan of boiling water with pinch of salt. Place lid on top bring to boil until soft. Drain water.
6. Add the potatoes to the mince mixture.
To make the Pasty
3. Roll out pastry until 1 cm thick, cut out round shape using desert bowl.
4. Add 2-3 desert spoonfuls of meat mixture onto the middle of pastry, brush the edge of pastry with water, fold over pastry, press edges together to seal, place on greased baking tray, brush with milk, Place in oven 180c, 350F gas Mark 4
for half an hour until golden brown.