Ginger Snaps.July 10, 2012
8oz 225g Self raising flour/gluten free flour.
1/2 tsp 1 x 5 ml Xanthan gum.
1 x 5 ml 1tsp ground ginger.
100g 4oz caster sugar.
3oz 75g margarine.
1 x 5 ml 1 tsp egg re-placer mix, 2 x 5 15 ml 2 tbsp water, whisk together in a bowl.
1. Heat oven 180C, 350F, gas mark 4. grease/line baking trays.
2. Mix together the dry ingredients.
3. Warm the syrup, margarine in a pan until melted, add the dry ingredients with the egg mix and mix in well.
4. Place small spoonfuls of the mixture onto baking trays and bake for about 15 minutes.
5. remove from baking tray and cool on wire rack.
For more of ginger taste you could add crystallized ginger. Add also add melted chocolate to half of the biscuit.