Chocolate pudding.April 24, 2012
This pudding does not contain eggs.
60 g 2 1/2 oz butter/margarine.
1/2 cup SR Flour,
1/2 tsp Xanthan gum. (gluten free)
3/4 cup caster sugar.
1 tsp vanilla essence.
oil for greasing oven dish.
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar.
1 tbsp cocoa powder
2 tsp icing sugar.
2 cups boiling water.
Oven at 180C, 350F gas mark 4.
1. Place large pan over medium heat. Add butter/margarine and milk until melted.
2. Remove pan from heat and place on wooden board. Sift flour and cocoa powder into medium mixing bowl, stir caster sugar and vanilla essence into warm butter/margarine and milk. Stir in cocoa mixture until mixed together.
3. Lightly oil oven proof dish (should be big enough to hold 6 cups of mixture). Pour chocolate mixture into dish.
4. Using spoon push the brown sugar and extra cocoa through sieve over the chocolate mixture.
5. Gradually pour the boiling water over the back of wooden spoon onto chocolate mixture. Place bowl in oven and bake for 50 minutes, to make sure pudding is cooked, gently push a skewer into pudding, if it comes out clean it is cooked, if skewer is sticky cook for further 5 minutes until skewer is clean.
Serve warm with custard, cream or ice cream.